Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cherry Grove Week 4

Way behind on posting, and I suspect I am a bit off on my week count, but will carry on as if I am not, at least until I can correct it.

This week, our full share consisted of:
1 large bunch chard
1 large bunch toscano kale
1 large bunch lacinato kale
1/2 pound arugula
1/2 pound salad mix
2 1/2 pounds of broccoli (!)
1 bunch radishes
2 heads green cabbage
2 heads lettuce, red and green leaf
2 heads escarole
1 small bunch basil
1 bunch of golden beets that were forgotten at the farm, sadly.

PYO: Flowers, 20 stems -- black-eyed susans and some lavender-colored flowers that start with an "a". Some thyme, mint, and tarragon.

Tuesday dinner:
Brown basmati rice and Tempeh, Broccoli, and Cabbage with fresh basil in green curry sauce. This came together really quick, and I used up a whole cabbage!

Also, we had some leftover baguette, so for dessert we had some bread and chocolate, crisped in the panini pan. So good. Beats any pastry, for me.

Wednesday lunch:
Leftover beet soup, and sandwiches with Melissa Clark's white bean and scape dip and salad greens.

Wednesday dinner:
Was left in Matt's hands, and he decided to go out to dinner instead of cooking. We are a day behind.

Thursday dinner:
Quinoa with Harissa-spiced Cauliflower and Lacinato kale. I had made a big batch of harissa paste a while ago...

Friday dinner:
Brown rice and Green Curry again. With Seitan, Toscano Kale, Cabbage, and Summer squash.

We have been using the salad greens here and there for packing lunches, but I haven't made any dressings because we have been out of olive oil for the last couple of days. That had foiled my plans to make dressings and pestos to freeze. We went to Whole Foods and stocked up on oil and a few other staples.

For tomorrow, I'm planning a big pasta salad to bring to a gathering. That should take care of the basil and broccoli. I'd also like to make some scape pesto. And a big salad for lunch, before we leave for the party.



No comments: